- Golf is expensive... range ball prices go up every year, clubs, rounds of golf
- Golf is time consuming... practice and long rounds
- Golf can be frustrating... handicap averages are historically the same from year to year. As many people leave the game as join
Five years ago I was two years into golf lessons with a great coach and could shoot in the single digits. But I was inconsistent with scores doing a roller coaster from round to round and bad weather/playing conditions would wreck my game. I should also mention I have a wife and a son and a demanding job, not exactly ideal situations to become a low handicap golfer with consistent scores!
It was at that point that I decided I would figure out how to solve my issues... inconsistency, limited time and spend less money on improving. I am an IT project manager by trade so I applied my work logic to my golf and had amazing results. During my lessons I had kept a journal of all my lessons with Brendan Horton, my coach at Olney Golf Park. I used that information and developed my own drills and practice routines. Over the eighteen months to follow I would lower my handicap to a +1 and consistently shoot 75 and 76 in competition and recreation.
I wrote all of my "truth's" down in a mini-book and decided to share it with Brendan. It was all information he knew well - things he had taught me. But I also shared what I felt was a technique for learning that NOONE else in the golf industry was teaching. A way I felt that ANYONE can get to their best potential or even a single digit/scratch handicap. I pointed out what I felt were the incorrect ways that coaches teach students and how students are truly wrong in how they try to learn the golf swing.
He was interested and after several more conversations agreed that we would work together ... Brendan as the golf subject matter expert for drills, techniques and lessons and me as the business side, writing and test case. We are going to develop a unique product and introduce to the golf world. This blog will chronicle the efforts to develop and present this product.
No comments:
Post a Comment